Past News of the Fall City Park District
- 2014: The summer float and recreation season will soon be in full swing again and the upstream Plum 2 Boat Launch site (WDFW property) is still in need of a toilet. The Mountains to Sound Greenway is leading the fundraising effort to improve the situation. Click here for an informational video and to donate to the "Pony Up for a Potty" cause .
- The Draft Comprehensive Plan for 2014-2019 is available for review and comment. A draft of Appendix A, 6-Year Capital Improvement Plan, will be added following further discussion by the Board. Click here for the draft document.
- The 2013 Fall City Days Fun Run, sponsored in part by the FC Park District, had 766 participants. Proceeds from the 10K, 5K, and Kids 1K races benefitted local public schools and youth groups. The all-volunteer efforts to organize the 2013 event resulted in $11,500 being donated to schools and youth groups in our community. Click here for more information and press articles about Fall City Day.
- The FCMPD provided a Grant to the Snoqualmie Valley School District after they received a Grant from King County for a new playground from the elementary school children.
We requested and were granted public use of the playground. To read the Memorandum of Understanding, please download it here.
- Snoqualmie River Float Task Force Meeting - Meeting Agendas
- Snoqualmie River Float Taskforce Meeting - Meeting Minutes
- Read about what the District has accomplished in 2010. Click here to download the Accomplishments in 2010 (PDF)
- View the Fall City Parks Survey questions and results!
- The Snoqualmie River Float Task Force is currently communicating by email. If you have questions, please
- The Wells Site Park Acquisition project was preliminarily ranked #12 out of 20 grant
applications for the Local Parks acquisition only category by the State's Recreation and
Conservation Office. Based upon this preliminary evaluation ranking and the amount of grant funds
requested by public agencies with projects ranked higher than District's project, it is almost
certain that the Fall City Metropolitan Park District will not qualify for State funding during
this grant application cycle. Click Here
to review the list of Preliminary Evaluation Ranked and
- The District submitted an application on July 30, 2010 for a 50/50 matching State grant to aid with the purchase of a portion of the former Wells Farm & Nursery site.
It is expected that on November 1, 2010, the State will post a notice of the grants awarded in the Local Parks category on its
website (www.rco.wa.gov). Click Here
to review the FCMPD grant application materials.
- Answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) regarding the proposal to purchase the former Wells Farm and Nursery site have
been prepared based upon questions posed at public meetings.
Click Here for
- The District is applying for a 50/50 matching State grant to aid with the purchase of a portion of the former Wells Farm & Nursery site.
Click Here for an article from the June 2010 issue of Fall City
Neighbors which describes this pursuit.
- The Comprehensive Plan for 2010-2015, which was adopted at the June 8, 2010 Special Meeting, is on-line and available for review.
The District held two Open Houses to solicit public input and had been working on the preparation of this document since its
adoption of the Vision, Mission, and Goals in December 2009.
Click Here for the Comprehensive Plan.
- The District's Vision, Mission, and Goals were adopted 12-15-09.
Click Here to download the Vision,
Mission, and Goals (PDF)
- The District has completed its first on-line survey primarily regarding recreational activities at Fall City Park. The survey ran from January through March 2010 and we received 709 responses to the six questions.
Please take a few minutes to review the responses to the questions.
Click Here for Survey Responses
- Please stay tuned for the next survey which will which will deal with the future of the parks system in Fall City.
- Read about what the District has accomplished in 2009.
Click here to download the Accomplishments
in 2009 (PDF)
Washington State Auditor's Office Official State Audit report
- You may review the Washington State Auditor's Office Official State Audit report for the Fall City Metropolitan Park District at their web site by
clicking here. Put Fall City Metropolitan Park District in the
search box at the top right of the screen.
- Or you may download the PDF directly by clicking here